Handbag Hunter

What does the contents of your handbag, or your wallet, say about you? It’s no secret that Cambridge students live stressful, overworked lives, and that chances are you’ll be lugging round […]

What does the contents of your handbag, or your wallet, say about you? It’s no secret that Cambridge students live stressful, overworked lives, and that chances are you’ll be lugging round everything, including the kitchen sink, just in case, in your chic tote/satchel/extremely-on-trend vintage backpack (thank God for bike baskets, eh?).  Yet despite all of the work and stress, many Cambridge students still manage to pull off looking chic, as admirably demonstrated right here on the blog. So, in the interests of journalistic integrity we’re breaking that taboo and having a nosy peak into some lovely ladies’ handbags. It turned out to be a rather amazing insight into their lives and personalities- so tip out the contents of your own and have a cheeky analyse. You’ll be surprised what your find…

Here is a sampling of 3 Cambridge students – managing to mix practicality with fashion.

Kat Van Zeeland Handbag
Matching wallet
Nokia Cell Phone
US Passport
Gold Ipod
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss
Sainsbury’s Berry Swirl Tiramisu and Fruity Flapjacks recipes
Diet Coke
Sony Cybershot DSC-W80 Digital Camera
‘Romance’ by Ralph Lauren perfume
Germx hand sanitizer
‘Revolutionizing the Sciences’ by Peter Dear textbook
Victoria’s Secret PINK shorts
H&M Red Headband

Sony Ericsson Cellphone
River Island Gray Gloves
Pencil Case from Hong Kong
Calculator
Ryman’s Felt tip pens
Paperchase Folder
Sainsbury’s basics juice
Umbrella
Comb
Bike light
Sainsbury’s Extra gum
Go Bar Snack
Fcuk Body spray
Asthma Inhaler
Nivea Pearly Shine Chapstick
Vaseline
Hair Bubble
Debenhams Personal Mirror

Brand New Accessorize Handbag
Japanese purse
Paperchase diary
Kiehl’s Lip Balm
Paperchase Post It Notes
Key with voodoo keychain
‘In My Power’ book for dissertation
Pens, Pencils, Highlighter
Ryman’s Notebook
Sony Ericsson Cell phone
John Lewis Umbrella
Hairbrush

And there you have it. Handbag essentials would seem to include: a snazzy bag, nice wallet, lip balm, hairbrush, phone, ipod, notebook, sunglasses, umbrella, evidence of work, gum, and bike lights. Sums Cambridge up really!