Spending Valentine’s Day alone isn’t tragic, there’s loads to do

Me, myself and I

On a day designed for couples, going it alone on Valentine’s Day scares many. Luckily for you, we have put together a guide to fill your day with alternatives to a hot date.

Go see Deadpool in the cinema

Because who doesn’t want to see Ryan Reynolds in Latex?

Sexy

Romantic meal for one

Treat yourself to a Sunday Roast, lots of places are doing deals for two so you get double the food at a far better price. There are lots to choose from in Oxford like the Magdalen Arms, The Cape of Good Hope and Turf Tavern, you can even bring a mirror to prop up across from you to pretend you are with someone, or if you don’t feel like showing your face in public then grab the Domino’s Winter Survival Deal and wallow in self pity.

I hope the roasties are fluffy

Netflix and chill

You don’t have anyone to tell you what to watch, treat yourself to that show you’ve always wanted to see, no one will judge you here.

He’s watching Parks & Recs

Take up a new hobby

You’ve always been interested in planes, why not go to Heathrow with a picnic and watch the A380’s and 747’s come in for a greaser on runway 27L? Maybe you could knit yourself a fresh new jumper? Join a new society? The possibilities are endless.

Fascinating

Go and see your parents

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a catchup over the weekend with your rents? Maybe they’ll even buy you dinner and have some sympathy for you. Oh wait they’ve gone to party in Ireland with the rest of your family, and guess who wasn’t invited.

They didn’t even tell me they had gone

Serious Tinder sesh

Swipe right on everything in a desperate attempt to get a date. But you’ll get no matches because everyone is already on a date.

No matches 🙁

Go and see your ex

You didn’t break up on the best terms because you were bad at texting, but you check in to see if she may be around for a catchup. She’s probably on a date with better looking guy called Ed. Proceed to cry yourself to sleep.

Hi it’s me 

Be your own Valentine

Go out, make yourself look nice (for once), maybe go to the spa or buy some clothes. Spoil yourself, this can be YOUR day. Remember those shoes you really wanted from but just couldn’t afford? Just get them. Retail therapy really works wonders.

Guilty shopping pleasure

Avoid social media

All there is going to be is coupley photos of people posing at The Mound or in the Atik photobooth. There will be girls just trying to impress other girls with how much money their boyfriends are spending on them, it is all very predictable. Last year Mary was the definite winner with a spontaneous trip to the Caribbean, lets see some of this years boyfriends beat that.

Looks like Jill is my date for the night

In the end you’ll be in bed, and what you should be thinking is how much money you saved. Seriously, roses cost around £15 – that’s at least a few drinks down at the sports bar and definitely a better investment, and that’s only the beginning of costs. Valentine’s Day is just another Sunday: go to Church, relax, veg out, you’ve earned it for not being pinned down.