Round two of Brookes’ quirkiest dressers with Denny and Jasryan

Meet Brookes’ most original fashionistas as they tell us all about their eccentric style and who inspires their quirky dress sense.

| UPDATED brookes fashion weird wonderful

Denny

Denny, 21, has a look influenced by glam-rock and punk bands, taking inspiration from singers like Debbie Harry.

She told us: “I tend to wear a lot of band t-shirts, leopard print and leather. Most of my clothes are from charity shops and Ebay, and I customise them myself. This leather jacket is my favourite item of clothing because I bought it in H&M for £15 and I put all the studs on it by hand.”

Her electric blue hair was inspired from watching a lot of anime cartoons, and mirrors her eyes as the contact lenses she wears on a daily basis make her eyes appear the same blue as her hair.

Jewellery and body art are also key aspects of Denny’s style: “Accessories are quite important to my look. I wear a lot of choker necklaces and have a lot of piercings and tattoos.”

Explore Denny’s style more on her Instagram page: instagram.com/redcatmoonlight

Jasryan

Rocking the latest ‘mun’ (man bun) hair trend, this psychology student discussed his winter wardrobe: “My closet is very dark right now – I’m dressing a bit like a dementor. My look focuses on black, so I’m experimenting with different layers and fits of clothing rather than colour, but I mix in some white because it contrasts well.”

Rather than finding inspiration for his look through celebrities, the dementor-like dresser is drawn to what he sees people wearing on the street: “I take inspiration from seeing someone wearing something that I like. A staple piece of my wardrobe is my Boy London top. Boy London is a really easy brand to wear and it suits me well. The top is simple, and I like how it’s minimalistic yet stylish at the same time.”

Jasryan’s style is a reflection of his interest in hip-hop music, making him a bit of an ‘urban-hipster’. He told us: “I don’t really make an effort, I just buy things as I see them. I like buying things on holiday too, because they’ll be different from what I can get here. This bag is from Morocco and it’s real leather.”

You can have a closer look at Jas’s style on his Instagram page: instagram.com/thenameisjaz