Floods glorious floods

Time for some doom and gloom as flooding batters Oxford

The rising water levels have caused transport chaos, closing roads and severely affecting the train lines.

Abingdon road was closed for the second time this month yesterday and the Osney area is indistinguishable from the River Thames. Kennington Road remains shut today as well as many of the roads in Oxford’s outlying villages.

In more distressing news the new Tesco Express on Abingdon Road will not open in time due to the weather problems.

I wouldn’t go and sit on that bench if I were you.

Reports have come in that a trip to the town centre from Cowley now takes twice as long as pedestrians are re-routed and one third year told us she had problems returning from home by car. If you were thinking of going to London by train, the answer is not to bother with the wet weather affecting the signal boxes.

According to radio report nearly 1,000 households have woken up this morning to a power outage, disrupting many people’s morning routines.

Furthermore high winds have brought down over 30 trees across the county causing damage.

The bad weather is set to continue into next week after a short break on Sunday. With temperatures on the downward spiral ice could be thrown into the mix as well. If there was ever an excuse to stay indoors with Netflix  and iPlayer (if you still have power that is) this is it. 

Instagram: making flooding look beautiful since 2014

Sadly the Headington campus sit proudly on top of the hill unaffected by the weather which means it’s unlikely that any lectures will be disrupted.

We’ll just have to hope the lecturers live too far away and can’t commute in.

Like The Tab on Facebook for more updates or get involved and email [email protected]