Top 5 Brookes Alumni

The Tab brings you Brookes’ most recognisable graduates.

Contrary to popular opinion Brookes does have a few famous faces amongst its alumni. So we might not have produced Oscar Wilde, John Ruskin or Bill Clinton (to name just a few) like our Oxford cousins but after a long, hard search we think you’ll recognise at least a couple of the following faces.  Ok, maybe only one.

1. At the top of the list has to be, of course, Jeremy Clarkson! The Top Gear presenter received an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree in 2005. That’s right… he didn’t even have to do any work, but let’s give him first place anyway.

2. Second place to Prince Azim for hosting the “Party of the year” in 2009. We like to think he honed his hosting skills at Brookes. Seen throwing extravagant soirees with guests such as Pamela Anderson, Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey. Can we come to the next one please?

3. One for the boys. Millie Clode, placed 66 in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2013 and has been a sky sports presenter since 2006. She has all the qualities to be a top contender for famous Brookes alumni!

4. Steve Williams, far right, is an English rower, and Olympic competitor. He’s won two Olympic gold medals in Beijing and Athens and four gold medals and two silvers in the World Championships. We wonder if they’re wearing anything behind that boat?

5. And finally, for any Radiohead fans we proudly present Johnny Greenwood.  Music graduate and lead guitarist.

Brookes might not produce politicians or great literary authors but our alumni are undoubtedly better looking and know how to throw a proper party.