Brookes Bulls Make Promising Start

Brookes Bulls come second in South West 9s invitational tournament

The South West 9s Invitational Tournament was a perfect chance for Brookes Bulls Rugby League to integrate new players into their team and get back to winning ways ahead of the new season.

Bristol played host to University Rugby League Teams from the South West and beyond on Wednesday 2nd of October. Brookes Bulls hopped on the bus eagerly anticipating the games to come. With a mixture of faces both new and old, it was an exciting time and everyone was excited to see how to team would play.

Beating the University of West England was a fantastic start and everybody looked comfortable with the ball and settled nicely into their new surroundings. The Squad then went on to defeat Filton Academy of Sport as confidence grew.

Next The Bulls faced the University of Bath, a highly rated team that would be a tough test. A thrilling game saw Brookes come out winners and claiming a place in the final against Swansea University.

Going into the final game as the Underdogs, people in the Bulls camp were quietly confident. They knew of the strength they possessed and the quality the recent Fresher-additions had brought.

Despite a valiant effort from the Brookes Boys, Swansea lifted the trophy, the Bulls forced to settle for second place.

Brookes Bulls’ President, Will Crisp, said that “It was a fantastic day for everyone at the club,” adding how he was particularly happy with the new players, “and all the Freshers were outstanding.”

Player of the day goes to a Fresher, Ben Dyer.

Be sure to keep up with all Brookes sports and much more by liking The Brookes Tab on Facebook and following us on Twitter @TabBrookes.