Dodgy ‘MDMA’ lands three students in hospital

Rogue dealer lied to students about what was in his baggie

Three students have been hospitalised in the past month after buying what they thought was MDMA from a dodgy drug dealer.

The man responsible is well-known and has regularly peddled illegal drugs outside Basement 45 for over a year. He’s apparently still operating in Bristol’s gay club district under Park Street.

A local resident has warned students that recently the guy has been falsely selling an unknown substance and claiming it is MDMA.

They went on to tell us that the reaction three students have had suggests that this is a far more serious case than if the dealer had merely cut the drug with an additional toxic substance.

Bent, situated next door to Basement 45, is in no way involved in this incident

All three students are understood to be on the mend and discharged from hospital.

When approached for comment, Basement 45 said they have no idea about the drug dealer.

“We call the police if we come across any drug incidents at the club. We haven’t had any incidents for over a month, but we don’t know what goes on outside the club and on the street.”

More to follow. If you know anyone who may have been affected by a rogue drug dealer in Bristol, email [email protected].