UBTV: Picks Of The Week

UBTV end the term with 30 hours of comedy and some inspired student cooking

Each week, UBTV pick their best content from the week to share with Tab readers.

This week, there’s comedy and cookery with Bristol Improv and UBTV’s brand new food show.

30 Hour Improvathon

This is exactly what it sounds like, 30 hours of Improv!

The premise was fairly straightforward, the characters were assigned and the costumes made but everything else was unplanned and off the cuff. Improv is a difficult skill during a 30 second sketch but a 30 hour stint tests both mental and physical endurance.

The characters undergo personal changes both emotionally and physically- one of the participants is interviewed started with a full head of luscious locks and later is seen shaven headed, all for the cause of improvisation.

What was best to see was that eventually all of the plots as surreal and far fetched as they seemed at first begin to flow together into a fairly coherent ending.

We popped in and out throughout the process and it was amazing to see how the plots had progressed in between visits.

All 30 of the actors involved were unbelievably committed and it was visible how much they bonded throughout the 30 hours.  If only we could have filmed the entire 30 hours!

Look, I Can Cook

This is one of the shows we have most been looking forward to. A student cooking show makes so much sense and our entertainment department have not disappointed.

When sending out emails asking if people wanted to showcase their favourite recipes I don’t think we were even expecting such a huge response. There are obviously plenty of aspiring Anthony Worral Thompson’s in Bristol.

Our first episode is Cat Evans showing us her famous (and soon to be even more famous) Mini Smores.

With lashing of more recipes to come, including a Christmas special (keep your eyes peeled for that), I think cookery shows could be the next big thing from UBTV.