Ski trip Students out in the cold

Snowheads miss out as UBSC’s ski trip sells out in 5 hours.

The Slopes Await…But Not For Everyone
Picture: Sundve

Students were left furious this morning when the University of Bristol Ski Club’s annual trip sold out in a record five hours. Many people, who had only joined the club to go on the trip to Les Arcs, missed out.

Two hours after booking opened, UBSC’s Facebook page revealed, “there were 425 bookings in just over an hour”. By 2pm all beds were gone. Although Outgoing, the company behind the trip, made more beds available these were also sold out within two hours.

Luke Minors “I’m going to hit someone”

The trip went on sale at 9am, a problematic time for many, “so if anyone had lectures this morning they lost out…” explained Jonathan Kahn.

Messages of confusion, frustration and anger filled UBSC’s Facebook page

Leon Tricot was almost too upset to type: “this is so unfair, I’ve had lectures all morning and now when your selling more, im still at uni in an asses[s]ment. you should make it like 6:00 or 7:00 when everyone is in.”

Those hanging from the trip’s own launch party were also unlikely to have secured a place that early.

Many hopefuls only joined the club so that they could go on the trip. Unsuccessful Amy Collis asked, “obviously I now don’t need membership – can we get it refunded?” However, The Tab understands that any decision about offering refunds won’t be made until the next committee meeting.

With snow already falling in the Alps, those who missed out are rightfully upset.  Luke Minors angrily vowed “to hurt someone”.

Dan Jenkins found it “a joke,” whilst Graham Hemingway simply said, “fuckkk”.

“We were hoping to sell out…but not this fast”

Outgoing had warned people to be quick, “don’t forget to set your alarm for 9am on Tuesday otherwise you will miss out on the trip of a lifetime,” but given last year’s trip took two days to sell out, this year was something of a shock.

UBSC are delighted with the vast demand for places on the trip. “We were hoping to sell out…but not this fast” said a spokesman. “We’ve really pushed the trip this year and I think it has paid off.”

Students are still waiting to hear if more spaces on the trip might become available but it so far looks unlikely. UBSC have made no mention to The Tab of intending to make extra places available.