The Birmingham Tab is recruiting for new writers and we want YOU!

Be the first to break the biggest stories on campus

From a Birmingham student finding her long lost twin at Uni to a Student going “Peaky Blinders” to track down a burglar and a list of the most Tory foods you can buy at Aldi, The Birmingham Tab breaks the biggest stories on campus.

Whether you want to report on the best dressed on campus, or speak to inspiring UoB students involved in charity fundraising, we want you to come and write for The Birmingham Tab.

What’s best is that you don’t need to have any previous journalistic experience, and you can write for us as little or often as you want.

In the past academic year, our stories covered important issues such as The Reclaim the Night protests and Rent rebates for students in halls.

Many of our stories have been picked up by major news outlets, like The Metro and Birmingham Live. Some of our writers even spoke to press and have been featured both on television and in print, like BBC News and The Telegraph.

Our first open meeting will be at 5pm, Monday 27th September at The Goose in Selly Oak. We will also have an open meeting on Zoom at 5pm, Thursday 3oth September, (link in Facebook event).

Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to be up to date with any changes.

Whether you are a fresher or in your final years at Uni, it is never too early or late to join The Birmingham Tab, and the meeting is open to students of any year.

The Tab is a student news site with over six million monthly readers. As a student writer, your stories will be shared on The Birmingham Tab Facebook and Instagram page, with 15,000 and 6000 likes – the best articles are shared across all of our pages, and can reach readers all over the country.

Our page had a readership of over 500,000 in just the past year alone.

We have weekly pitch meetings, which give you a chance to share any article ideas you have, as well as providing time to catch up with your fellow writers. We also throw regular socials such as club and quiz nights, which are just the best time ever.

Tab alumni frequently go on to work for famous publications all over the world, including VICE, The Times, and Vogue. Just this year, former Tab student writers started jobs at The Telegraph, The Sun, and Cosmopolitan.

Want to write for us? Join the team, no experience required. DM us on Instagram or respond to this Facebook Event

Related Stories recommended by this writer: