There was another mugging on Hubert Road late last night

It’s the fourth reported attack in the past week

danger mugging news safe safety selly selly oak the tab the tab birmingham the tab brum

Another mugging was reportedly carried out by two men on bikes at Hubert Road late last night.

The police were called to the scene of the crime at around 11:30 and the culprits are said to still be at large.

A witness says he was asked for a lighter by two men on bikes who were riding along Hubert Road shortly after the incident allegedly took place.

The incident occured between 11 and 11.30 pm on Hubert Road.

It remains unclear whether the attack was carried out by the same gang in ski masks who reportedly mugged students last week.

Nikki Gardner, a first year International Relations student who lives on Hubert Road, told the Tab: “It’s terrifying to think this has happened so close to where I live.

“I regularly walked round Selly Oak on my own after dark but after hearing about the mugging I’ve been too scared.

“As it gets dark so early now I even avoid walking back from late lectures alone, and if I have to go out in the evening I’ve started driving instead of walking.”

This is the second attack to have happened on Hubert Road following the incident on Sunday night when a victim was punched and threatened with a knife.

Other attacks last week happened on Harrow and Dawlish Road when two assailants jumped out from behind a skip, taking the total number of attacks to four in one week.

The police are yet to release a statement.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact the police by calling 101, or 999 if witnessing an incident and it is safe to do so.