Teenager dies after taking ‘bad batch’ of drugs bought at The Rainbow

Four others were hospitalised

drugs hate love new years day new years eve rainbow student the tab birmingham the tab brum

A teenager has died after taking class A drugs sold to him at The Rainbow in Digbeth on New Year’s Eve. 

Five teenagers were rushed to hospital on New Year’s Eve and were fighting for their lives after taking a “bad batch” of drugs, believed to have been consumed in pill form.

Four friends recovered but one teenager died in hospital three days later.

He was named as Dylan Booth from Chelmsley Wood, Solihull.

The incident happened at The Rainbow in Digbeth

A gofundmepage has been set up in Dylan’s memory, and raised over £2000 in one day.

The page, set up by Lyndon Ward, says: “I would like to raise money for Dylan’s family to go towards his funeral and also his headstone.

“Dylan was just a young lad living a good life.

“Nobody ever had a bad word to say about him and it’s true what they say ‘the good die young’ rest in perfect peace. You will be truly missed and loved forever in our hearts.

“It would be much appreciated for everyone to take part in this to give him the best send off that we can.”

The Tab spoke to an anonymous Brum student about their experience purchasing drugs from a dealer inside the venue on New Year’s Eve.

The student said: “My friends and I got some MD in for New Year’s and it ended up being dodgy and cut with something. Loads of people ended up having anxiety attacks in the few days following New Year’s.

“One girl was tripping out because she couldn’t sleep.

“It’s probably a good idea to get a tester and try it before taking it on a night out, because it can go wrong so quickly and easily and it’s horrible when it does.”

Police have appealed for information about the drugs.

Detectives want to speak to two men and a woman who may have been distributing them at The Rainbow.

One of the men and the woman were mixed race.

The other man was white and wore a fluorescent jacket and white shirt.

Anyone who was at the club on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day and has information that could help police should call Detective Inspector Greg Evans on 101 or Crimestoppers, in confidence, on 0800 555 111.