Here is everything happening in Aberdeen this November to get you away from the lib

From spooks to books

November is always a rough month for students. Most of us are still recovering from a wild Halloween whilst the impending doom of exams and deadlines looms on the horizon.

But fear not, we have decided to round up all the notable nights and events happening over the next while to get you out the library and socialising again.

RARE Thursday presents DJ Boring

For the ravers amongst us, DJ Boring returns to RARE Thursday down at the Tunnels on the 21st.

The Aussie has been killing it around the UK with his live tour lately so this will be a busy night, get down early to avoid queues. The name definitely doesn't reflect the music.

New Menu at Siberia

At the end of last month, Siberia started a new menu which people have been ranting and raving about.

After tasting a few of the things from it, I can confirm that they have hit it out of the park again and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Get the KFC bites…

Bohemia at O'Neills every Friday

View this post on Instagram

▬ Space Invasion | Halloween Special ▬▬ We saved the best genre for Halloween, with very big plans for a proper acid fright! All our residents and past guests are itching to play some acid! Therefore, this Friday expect four set slots and more DJs than ever before. Keep an eye out for surprises, and make sure you come disguised and ready for a space invasion! Come up to our conveniently-located rave cave, at O’Neil’s. Fully equipped with a, quite literally, jaw-dropping sound system, that will leave the bass resonating throughout your body. ▬▬ DRINKS* ▬▬ Budweiser £2 Magners £2 Gin & Tonic £2.50 WKD Blue £1.75 Vodka mixer £1.75 Whisky mixer £2 Tequila shot £1.75 Bacardi shot £1.75 And many more… * Drink deals are only available with O'Neill's student discount card, which can be purchase at the bar for £3. ▬▬ INFO▬▬ Address: Gaelic Lane, Aberdeen, AB10 1JN Doors : 23:00 – 3:00 Guest list: £4 *closes at 12:30* Standard: £5

A post shared by O'Neill's Aberdeen (@aberdeenoneills) on

Another solid pick for those who prefer slightly more left-field forms of dance music. You should get down to Bohemia which happens every Friday night above O’Neills bar.

This is a relatively new night, but they have been pulling in bigger and bigger crowds and has become an easy choice if you’re out for drinks in the Belmont street area.

Aberdeen's Christmas Village returns

On the 21st of November the Christmas market will be getting set up for another year of festive fun.

Whether you fancy the open-air ice rink or mulled wine in the streets, the Christmas fair is usually a pretty wholesome place to kill the studying blues.

Annual firework display

For those who want a cheap night out on a Tuesday you should keep in mind that theres a cool fireworks display thats happening down at the beach on the 5th of November.

Its set to music, free entry and the perfect place to try and cling to midweek sobriety.

Aberdeen Art Gallery reopens

In 2015 the art gallery closed for renovations and on the 2nd of November these renovations come to an end with the AAGM opening its doors to the public.

This should definitely be on any arts students to-do list this month.

Catfish and the Bottlemen at P&J Live

If you have been in Exodus in the past 5 years theres a very good chance you've heard Catfish and the Bottlemen.

They will be playing the famous P&J Live on the 7th of November.

Header image by Ruskin Fox