Image may contain: Building, Architecture, Plant, Christmas Tree, Ornament, Tree

What’s happening in Aberdeen: Christmas edition

Aberdream-ing of a white christmas

With the big fella due to come down your chimney in a mere five weeks it's officially time to get into the festive spirit. Here we've scouted out some of the best festive goings-on of the granite city.

Christmas Village

Set around the picturesque Marischal College, this year's Christmas Village includes a market, ice rink, food stalls, a helter skelter, a carousel and loads more amazing attractions! Opening on the 22nd November it coincides with the Christmas Tree Switch-On so a perfect wee festive day out! The village is open until the 31st December.

Image may contain: Downtown, Urban, Metropolis, Town, City, Spire, Tower, Architecture, Steeple, Building

It's a work in progress

Christmas Lights Switch-On Parade – 25th November

This year's Union Street parade takes place from 5.30pm to 7.30pm and features reindeer on segways (what?), Panto stars, the usual culprits and the Sandwick Up-Helly-Aa squad from Shetland.

Image may contain: Pedestrian, Tower, Intersection, Traffic Light, Light, Path, Lighting, Metropolis, Road, Architecture, Tarmac, Asphalt, Vehicle, Transportation, Car, Automobile, Human, Person, Building, Downtown, City, Urban, Town

Bon accord getting ahead of the game

Pantomime – Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Playing at His Majesty's Theatre 1st December to 6th January. With West-end musical star, Lee Mead, Taggart actor, Alan McHugh and Scot Sqaud's Jordan Young leading up the cast it's bound to be a show you don't want to miss! Get ready with your "He's behind you"s and "Oh no it isn't"s and just embrace the panto life.

Next month is Panto time and we have West End superstar Lee Mead as our Dashing Prince, as well as previous favourites…

Posted by His Majesty's Theatre on Friday, November 16, 2018

Drive-in Cinema: Elf – 8th December @ Pittodrie Stadium

After the initial showings of Elf and the Grinch sold out on the 9th, it was decided that another showing of classic Christmas movie, 'Elf' would be shown on the Saturday and luckily there's still tickets left! (Available here)

Image may contain: Light, License Plate, Traffic Jam, Car, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle

Etsy Made Local

If you're looking for some cute and unique Christmas pressies then this is the event to visit! Taking place in St Nicholas' Mall from 29th November to 2nd December and in its third year running, its bound to be the market that fills your heart with all those fuzzy, warm festive feels

Bobbin Christmas Parties

Every UoA student's second home are putting on a Christmas menu! 3 courses for £13.95 (bargain)! Catering for all party sizes and dietary requirements this is bound to go down a treat with your squad. Book in advance for a class "bye for the holidays" meal with your uni mates!

So with all this exciting stuff happening it town make sure to make the most of it before you head home for the holidays! Cracking excuses for a revision break if you ask me