Image may contain: Snow, Outdoors

Jazz concerts, free haircuts and reindeer- Aberdeen’s got it all this Christmas

Is it even a Scottish Christmas if you don’t stand outside in the cold for a half hour listening to Good King Wenceslas?

Image may contain: Highway, Freeway, Road

THE TRADITIONAL TO-DO

Aberdeen Christmas Village

Stalls, and ice rink and a fairground! With rides like the traditional carousel, helter-skelter and 'The Blizzard' this is the chance to have some fun getting into the Christmas spirit.

7th November – 31st December ~ Broad Street

Image may contain: Outdoors, Night, Stage, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

FINE Christmas Food & Drink Market

The Marischal College Quad is going to be transformed into a Winter Wonderland Market, set up to help creative individuals showcase and sell their produce. Local producers offer a selection of artisan products: an abundance of great quality, unique food.

23rd – 26th November

HAAN Christmas Market

A Christmassy celebration of local, national and international designers and creators. A perfect place to pick up a one-of-a-kind gift (with over 80 different products featured.) There will also be the chance to try and make your own Christmas decorations, cards and ceramics so you have the opportunity to add the ultimate personal touch to your presents!

7th – 24th December

Reindeer Parade

If you missed out on Paws for Stress, this year you can substitute your puppies for reindeer! Nothing can be more of a cure for exam revision stress than animals so take the opportunity to get a breathe of fresh air to clear your head. (Oh, and a chance to see Santa. Let him know your one Christmas wish for this year? An A on that report you almost missed the deadline of!)

26th November ~ Union Street

Image may contain: Parade, Crowd, Senior Citizen, Person, People, Human

FOOD AND DRINK

Chopstix have got new Apple and Cinnamon Spring Rolls, with Salted Caramel Sauce. If that sounds just a bit crazy just wait until you're passing it on Union Street, walking back from a night out. Drunk you is going to love them!

Costa's new Christmas menu – it's here because it's important. And tradition. As well as the usual gingerbread lattes they have a new drink out for anyone obsessed with millionaire's shortbread! Billionaire's Hot Chocolate, Latte and Latte Frostino. You've tried the usual so maybe it's time to try something new?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbykRjNBPoj/?taken-by=costacoffee

Revolution gives you exactly what you need during the stressful months of November/December – Christmas themed alcoholic drinks! During their happy hour (Friday from 5pm) it's buy one get one free on selected drinks, including the specials!!!

Image may contain: Room, Interior Design, Indoors, Dining Room, Pub, Bar Counter, Bar Stool, Chair, Table, Furniture, Dining Table, Restaurant, Meal, Food, Diner

ADVENT CALENDARS

Although the best way to start the morning is to crack open a cardboard window and be rewarded for doing so with some chocolate, there’s some new guys on the shelves this Christmas. For example, the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar, which features an array of small festive smelling candles and tea lights. Celebrate Christmas by the (tea)light! Also on offer is the Makeup Revolution Christmas Tree (Superdrug). Unlike most Christmassy makeup products this calendar features FULL SIZE gifts such as several eyeshadow palettes, a highlighter, bronzer, mascara, brush cleaning tools! It really offers the full makeup bag must-haves!

ITS FREE!

Haircuts

Where? Paramount. When? Friday 2nd December from 7pm! How much? £0.00!!! Get spruced like a Christmas tree with a free haircut from the team at Hard Grind.

Time to announce the next instalment of our 'Pop Up Barbershop' in association with @paramount_bar. 'Snips'n'Nips' is a…

Posted by Hard Grind Aberdeen on Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jazz Concert

Some live music as performed by the Aberdeen Jazz Society. (A chance to show off your new haircut as seen above?) Entry is free for students, an easy price to pay to get an early listen of your favourite festive tunes.

3rd December, 2pm ~ The Blue Lamp

Image may contain: Restaurant, Pub, Bar Counter, Furniture, Couch, Jury, Person, People, Human

Carol Concert

Is it even a Scottish Christmas if you don't stand outside in the cold for half an hour listening to Good King Wenceslas?

16th December ~ Duthie Park