Shrooms sprouting on campus

Have you tripped over the Class A drugs?

There’s more than one way to expand your mind at the University of Aberdeen.

Mushrooms containing the Class A drug, psilocybin, can be seen growing in grassy areas all over campus.

It’s picking season and green fields all over the UK are sprouting with the psychedelic shrooms called “Liberty Caps”.

So much room for shrooms

Fresh mushies like this were legal to possess until 2005, but you can now be imprisoned for up to 7 years for picking them.

But accidental picking or growing is not illegal and few people are prosecuted. (FYI.)

One student admitted to using mushrooms before:  “We usually try and pick around 20 each from places like football fields or parks, they’re easy to spot cos’ they look like tits.”

Worried about having a nasty trip, fourth year student Martin said: “ I’m so shocked that this stuff grows on campus, I guess it’s okay as long as they don’t fall into the wrong hands.”

Aberdeen’s newest arrivals, are going to be a hit this Autumn

And a Religious Studies student said: “One time, me and some friends picked shrooms from a field back home and we were just trekking through this park.

“It was really dark and we came across a shadow but we thought it was a dark hole and pretty much just crawled through my hometown.”

They are a lot less common in urban areas, so some students “ordered them to Hillhead from Holland”.

The proportion of Students munching mushrooms were estimated at around 19% by a Tab survey last year, so these keen-eyed student hedonists at Aberdeen need only look on their collective doorstep for an illegal trip.

But there’s edible ones too, they’re great in a pasta sauce.

The uni are yet to comment on their illegal growths.

Although they could explain all the bizarre decisions Ian Diamond makes.