The freshers’ week SPLIT

Aberdeen and RGU freshers’ weeks are getting a divorce; but it doesn’t mean they’ll love you any less.

Ah freshers’ week, we remember you well. Seven glorious days where students from both the universities of Aberdeen and RGU occupy the granite city in a mahooosive skite; making some horrible horrible life decisions – all in the name of tricking other strangers into thinking you are fun enough to be their new friends.

But big changes are coming to freshers’ week as we know it, since it looks like for the first time in a long while Aberdeen Uni and RGU freshers’ festivities are set to take place on SEPARATE weeks. This is a result of Aberdeen Uni’s decision to move their exam period to before Xmas, thus bumping forward their freshers’ week plans.

hey roomful of strangers, did we just become best friends?

Behold, the Freshers’ Fortnight!

Martin Greig (aka Greig-dawg to his pals) – who is the Aberdeen Community Safety Partnership chairman – has voiced a bit of concern over the potential pressure that this double shot of freshers’ fun will place on local resources, such as police who have to control the shenanigans of you drunken monkeys. On the other hand, doesn’t G-diddy support our local kebab shops getting twice the business?! You GO Marco’s Fast Food Takeaway.

Ultimately this is a great thing for us students; whilst admittedly a horrible thing for our bank accounts. It means we no longer have to make crushing decisions like choosing whether to hit up the Aberdeen Uni foam party or to rock the RGU toga toga party.

The answer is clearly Freshers’ Fortnight BABYYY.

Except probably don’t go to the foam party. That’s where disease happens.