Drugs At Work

Challenge, Change & Repeat.

Enter the same scenario under different intoxications. The three poisons are your common legal alcohol, your common illegal marijuana and your not so often seen but 70’s classic acid.

Choose the day of the week.

Done. Tuesday: 4 hours of lectures, start time 11am, finish 4pm. One-hour lunch, one o’clock start and used as a reload time. Twenty-minute exam at two o’clock every Tuesday.

Alcohol- 70cl of vodka.

Marijuana- 40 spot.

Acid- 1 tab.

SCENARIO ONE: ALCOHOL

Walk into tutorial a little buzzed and warm behind the ears, cold day irrelevant. Fairly confident can get through this and no ones noticed. Answer tutor’s question correctly and assertively, however the register had barely just passed.  It’s a long hour. Next I’m starting to sweat in a very active tutorial needing to do lots of talking. Possibly got away with it, borderline enjoyable.

Lunch- Finish the last 35cl, first 35cl kicks in.

Next the test, start of a two hour lecture. Wasn’t fully prepared. Mind pretty loose, silence leading me to insanity. Starts slow but passes quickly. Last hour of the lecture spent tindering a fat girl. I then meet the fat girl. Two hours later she leaves. The porcelain of the toilet is cooling my cheeks while I’ll evict all of my stomachs contents. I’m grateful for Aberdeen’s early and chilling winter.

Test result: 7/20

SCENARIO TWO: MARIJUANA

Walk in and I’m conscious I smell but I’m not entirely sure I care. Smuggle down an apple nutri-grain bar and spend most of my time utterly focused on the tutorial and barely say a word. Back to the active world in the second tutorial and my mind takes time to switch on. I joyfully converse during group activity and I’m completely unaware I’m high. However in hindsight certain decisions and topics would suggest otherwise.

Lunch- Looking forward to a smoke. Pretty much finish the baggie. It was the Great British bake off.

Humming in the lecture hall, I can feel all the eyes fixed on me amid the silence. Test felt good, flowed. As the papers where collected I could see the lecturer raise an eye brow at me as he passes by, the hall is packed, he picked me out. Lecture begins I start focused, unaware I drift off, lose thirty minutes and rest of the time is spent doodling. Pretty pretty baked.

Test result: 15/20

SCENARIO THREE: ACID

Tab is taken as I enter the room. All relatively normal for forty minutes, then I get a tickle. Leave the room and depth perception is starting to go, exiting through the door is almost a trust exercise with reality. I had been hesitant of the next interactive hour, too much so, panic. Coming up. Lucky that we watch a skype call, that process was pretty cool. The speakers’ robotofy the males voice. Gather myself, focus my line of sight and ignore the peripherals. Could have been accused of staring but I got through.

Lunch- Get in deep.

Not sure I was in the right room. Nothing was familiar, a lot was beautiful, and campus was a fizzing of lights. Don’t remember doing a test. Don’t remember what I learnt; don’t feel like it was two hours. Went to kings pitches; space was bliss.

Test result: ?/20