James White ate my hamster

By ,         on

Facebook Twitter

Battered student cooked housemate's hamster in frying pan. WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGE

• Hammered student cooked housemate’s hamster in frying pan
• James White was so drunk he was “on the point of madness”
• He narrowly escaped jail because hamster may have been dead before he cooked it.

It was a quiet day spent running on her wheel and rolling in sawdust.

So imagine the horror for the Syrian hamster who was COOKED in a frying pan by a drunken politics student.

York student James White was so drunk he was “on the point of madness” when he fried his housemate’s beloved pet.

White, 21, landed 120 hours of community service after pleading guilty at Selby magistrate’s court.

James White was drunk “on the point of madness”

He escaped jail after lawyers failed to prove the animal was alive when put on the hob. The hamster may have already died from White’s rough handling.

District judge Roy Anderson told him: “What happened that night is still shrouded in mystery. By virtue of your treatment of this small, unfortunate rodent you have destroyed your good character and acquired a criminal conviction.

The story is a haunting echo of The Sun’s infamous front page: ‘Freddie Starr ate my hamster’

“It is accepted now that there was rough handling of that animal but it could not be established that it was putting it in the frying pan and applying heat that caused its death.

“Had that sadistic conduct been established I would be dealing with you in a far more serious way than I am.”

Earlier the prosecution told how police were called to White’s halls on February 2. When they arrived they noticed a strong smell coming from the kitchen. A frying pan containing a dead hamster was sitting next to the hob.

A blind drunk White confessed to officers he had cooked the creature, but began acting even more strange – answering “1,2,3,4” when asked for his name.

White was banned from keeping animals from eight years and fined £1,000 in costs.

Photo issued by the RSPCA

A York University spokesman said: “We note the decision of the court. As this matter has not been raised formally as a disciplinary issue under university regulations, we propose to take no further action.”

Facebook Twitter
  • grit bin

Thought this was our new NUS Delegate, what a letdown.

• grit bin

By virtue of your treatment of this small, unfortunate rodent you have destroyed your good character and acquired a criminal conviction.

• Kirsty

You deserve the same pain you inflicted on this innocent being. 8 years what a joke when will we as a country punish these people for what they have done. Of this was a child they would be jailed for life but apparently animals are considered less. Rot in hell you sick excuse for a human.

• Well yes

It is generally considered quite a bit worse to cook human beings.

• Caius Buttery

Fried Hamster is considered something of a delicacy round these parts. #RomanStyle

• Anonymous

Society says it is but actually how is it?

• Well…

Have you ever squashed a spider?

• But seriously

…fined £1000 in costs for a hamster?

• Kirsty

In response to “but seriously” you sicken me too a hamster is a life and I am pretty sure that in some nations you can buy a child for £5 so in that light we should only charge child abusers with the same slap dash approach.???

• Are you real?

I have read two posts by “Kirsty” and already think you must be a joke person

• Anonymous

Joke I am not you on the other hand are. Just shows the low scum

• Yeah,

legal costs. You know, those things you have to pay when you take things to court. Those things that typically the losing party pays.

Yeah, that.

• Anonymous

Please someone, post his address online so that he can be dealt with properly

• District Judge Roy Anderson

Mate, I’ve already got this shit covered

• Kirsty

I agree if we as a nation publish sex offenders address then we should do the same for these awful sick cretins. In response to “but seriously” you sicken me too a hamster is a life and I am pretty sure that in some nations you can buy a child for £5 so in that light we should only charge child abusers with the same slap dash approach.???

• You seem to be all out of commas.

Here, have some of mine:

• Heartless people annoy me

Commenting on a issue like this and all you can do is comment on my grammar!! Clearly heartless.

• ian

shut up

• Edu

Wow your super intellegent two words together you astound me! Now for making a sentence if its not too much stress for you!!!

• Education

Please don’t attack someone’s intelligence whilst exhibiting such poor grammar.

• Anonymous

When you actually grow up and no longer live with mummy dearest I will count you worthy of my time and worth listening to, until such a time keep cuddling your mummy.

• Inference Police

Well, that’s one inference too far, sonny boy! You’re nicked.

• Spelling?
              • Grammar Police

Seems we have our work cut out for us here. Might as well outsource ourselves to G4S and be done with it…

• Grammar Supreme Court

I think you are confusing heartlessness with a commitment to good grammar. My colleague on comma patrol was merely pointing out some deficiencies in written communication which we hope will be rectified in future comments.

• Kirsty = Joke

See name…

• Kirsty

And to think York university is willing to support such a person and take no action says as much for them as James white himself.

• Sarah

Totally behind you. Poor show as a uni

• Wow

how do these commenters stumble onto the tab?

• I think

It’s just a pun on the well known headline “Jasper carrot ate my hamster”.

• ?stumble?

Maybe because the Internet is a wonderful thing!! Stumble we did not although I guess uni is all about stumbling around so ……… Ok it’s ground you are sure of!

• Nice attempt at an intelligent response

Shame you haven’t managed to pull it off

• Exaggerated title?

Clearly he didn’t eat the hamster… I mean there’s a picture of it and everything.

• Curious

I read your comment, glanced at the URL which reads
    and was about to lambast you for your idiocy. Then I read the page title which omits the “nearly”. Thank God I checked.

• RSPCLobsterz

i assume kirsty’s not a fan of lobster then…

• Nick Harris

was right not to let him into Life

• He comments where he wants

He comments where he wants/Nick Harris is going national/ he comments where he wants

• So does

Alex Jackman. Yeah I made the call. #GoatPostFame #HeadyHeights

• wow

That is one flat hamster.

• The hamster warrior

Lets fry that fucker up!!

• Gopi Patel

This is disgusting!
    Would have been much nicer with some kind of tomato source…

• avenger

fucking piece of shit, he should be fried to death

• rick

The management comment is fake and so are many of the article’s biased claims. The publisher has clearly been paid by a Norwich promoter to post this.

• Jess Deegan

The Sales Manager comment is absolute bullsh*t because I was the Sales Manager for Lola’s and I never once said that. Just writing a load of false crap to get more shares. You’ve got it all wrong and it’s genuinely comical.

• Pingback: Fitflop Singapore()

• Pingback: Louis Vuiton Factory Outlet Store()

Heard something on campus?

By on

The beginning of the end for the NHS?

The NHS is terminally ill. Jeremy Hunt’s latest plans to stretch junior doctors to their mortal limits could send Britain’s national treasure six feet under.

By , Tab reporter on

Working at the Freshers’ Fair is Awful

We suffer for your freebies.

By , Senior Tab reporter on

An interview with The Footlights

The Tab sits down with tour show director Ken Cheng and performers Adrian Gray, Archie Henderson and Eleanor Colville to talk about freshers, being funny and their new show.

By , Chief Reporter on

One of The Apprentice contestants is a grad set to take the show by storm

She claims to have got the highest mark on her Business Studies course

By , Former Editor, The Tab London on

London Public school boys should feel guilty about a lot of things but listening to dubstep isn’t one of them

It’s time to welcome the Skepta-loving rich list in from the cold

By , Chief Reporter on

Twin model crashed car after drink driving at 10 in the morning

Both twins were previously handed ASBOs because of their wild parties

By , Chief Reporter on

Private school makes you a boring clone of your mum and dad

Going to the same Russell Group unis to do the same subjects makes you a robot, apparently

By on

Milo Yiannopoulos: It’s absurd that I was banned from speaking at Manchester SU

You guys, I feel very oppressed right now

By , Assistant Editor on

It’s time someone said it: Medics are the worst people at uni

‘You wouldn’t understand, you’re not one of us’