New site,
same Tab

Welcome to The Tab’s shiny new homepage.

content Jonny Singer new site the tab

Welcome, readers, to our clean, shiny new site.

The Tab has been running for over three years, and in that time we’ve grown to become the world’s most read student newspaper. We have always sought to provide fast, accurate and entertaining content for the students of Cambridge, and for the most part, we feel we’ve done a pretty good job.

However, in the past three years we’ve been working with a less than functional website, and it’s finally time to wave it goodbye. You may have become quite attached to our old homepage – we certainly have – but logistically there was no option but to move.

Our new site will allow us to give you, our readers, more content, more quickly, in an easier-to-read way. At the heart of things it will still be the same team, producing the same great articles, but with a new, sleeker face.

All of our old content is still accessible, and the old design will soon be resurrected at archive.tab.co.uk where it will become an object of fascination for internet historians.

As with anything new, we understand that it won’t please everyone straight away. Facebook and BBC Sport both faced a backlash when they changed their sites, but eventually people adjusted and found them to be better.

We know you’ll have some feedback for us, so feel free to contact [email protected] with any issues you find with the new site.

Above all, we want to stress that this site will allow us to offer you, our readers, a better service, so The Tab can continue to be a newspaper worthy of Cambridge students.