Union Guests Schooled on Manners – by JORDAN

Katie Price has accused Union members of being rude at dinner, as part of an attack on private education.

cocktail stick debate Dinner feminism debate Jordan Katie Price kieran corcoran manners speech Sun The Sun the sun on sunday union committee

You might expect Katie Price’s standout memory from the Union’s feminism debate to be the rigorous and eloquent exchange of ideas.

But her column in The Sun today shows what she really noticed were students’ bad manners.

From Page 3 to Page 11 – Price’s progress (click to enlarge)

The former topless model returned to the redtop with an article slamming private education, using guests at the pre-debate dinner to show how “posh schools” can’t even teach proper table manners:

“Most of the people there have been to private schools all their lives… I couldn’t even mimic them because they’re so posh but their eating habits weren’t as good as mine.

“Some of them didn’t even wait for each other to start the meal. If I was their mum, I would ask for my money back.

Look out for Miss Price’s “Primer on Etiquette” in a store near you…

She also spoke out on The Sun‘s website saying “[s]ome of those people didn’t know how to hold a knife and fork properly,” before delivering the final twist of the dessert fork with the boast that “I managed to pick up an olive perfectly with my cocktail stick.”

Union President-Elect David Leigh, one of the pre-debate diners, told The Tab “‘I strongly advocate a pragmatic approach to cutlery usage, especially in those tricky situations, i.e. peas, when the shovel technique is a must.”

He added that “The combination of being overawed by Jordan’s presence at the table and the time pressure must have prevented students from eating at the best of their ability.”

“Sadly I am unable to comment on [Katie Price’s] table manners because she ignored the seating plan and elected to sit in between her family.  However, given her many exotic life experiences, I imagine she handles cutlery very well.”

But students at dinner weren’t Jordan’s only post-Union gripe – her column also took a pop at debate opponent and editor of The Lady Rachel Johnson, whose speech “used me… to get some cheap laughs.”

“Sadly it backfired on her because I won the debate. Perhaps she’d be better off editing The Loser.”

Critics have wondered how far Price’s contribution really brought her team to victory, but after today nobody can say she lowered the tone at dinner.