BREAKING: Fez Sleeping Without The Fish

More trouble for Cambridge’s nightclubs. Fez’s future is in doubt again, after Big Fish announced they’re pulling their night there on Sundays.

Big Fish Ents big fish sundaes cambridge clubs Cindies Fez Life Lola Lo nightclubs Soul Tree sundays

The future of Fez has been thrown into doubt again today after Big Fish Ents revealed that Big Fish Sundaes at the nightclub are no more.

Big Fish, run by Simon Burdus, had been keen to reassure about the future of their night at the Moroccan-style club in recent weeks, telling people to “ignore the rumours.”

But it was announced this afternoon on their Facebook page that the weekly event has been cancelled.

The announcement today, which was quickly verified by head honcho Simon Burdus on his page

As yet, it is unclear what Big Fish pulling out means for Fez, but recent news suggests it won’t be good. Last month plans were submitted to renovate the building it occupies, which could see the space be turned into a flat or a restaurant instead.

It is the latest sad chapter in a dire time for Cambridge clubs. The shock closure of Soul Tree at the start of the year has set the tone for a disappointing year, with Cindies and Life also facing uncertain futures after the company that owns them went into administration.

More developments are expected tomorrow. Catch them on The Tab first.