Everything that will happen on a night out in Underground

You previously voted it best night out in the ‘deen

It is extremely hard to find an Aberdonian among us who doesn’t freakin’ love a good night out in Underground. That’s not difficult to understand based on its affordable drinks, pretty cool interior and consistency in playing some bangers. Whether it’s a Carwash Tuesday or a Saturday House Party, there are multiple things you can rest assured you will encounter on your night in this subway style sensation.

There will be some poor person dressed as an animal

You can’t not feel sorry for these people. If you think the sweaty roasting atmosphere of the club is bad in a skirt or a t-shirt, imagine it from inside a massive teddybear. If the phrase ‘sweating buckets’ were in the dictionary, it would have a photo of one of these guys beside it. Whether its a panda, pig or frog, spotting this oversized cuddly toy will make you feel like you might have had four too many shots.

Poor, poor Panda

You’ll get covered in come kind of confetti or feathers

This is how you know the end is nigh. Or on the other hand, this is how you know you made it to the end of the night if you wake up the next day with a mind blank, but feathers in your shoes. To be honest, it’s a nice touch to end an evening, who doesn’t love a good confetti cannon or pillow fight from time to time? Drunk people certainly do.

Fun until one flies into your mouth

COMING OUT OF MY CAGE AND I’VE BEEN DOING JUST FINE

No matter how cool you think you are, you sing it, don’t lie. If you’re heading to Underground you could probably recreate the downstairs playlist in your head before you even get to the queue. Creates the perfect opportunity for you to have some readymade dance routines. YMCA, probably a bit of Busted and of course our favourite pal Stacy’s Mum.

‘I know this one it’s Taylor Swift!!!’

You’ll get something inappropriate stamped onto your wrist

They do like to brand you with something you’ll want to vigorously scrub off in the shower, don’t they? ‘Thanx for cuming,’ ‘We don’t give a fuck,’ it’s just not an Underground night out out without waking up with a questionable tattoo the next day. Just make sure to get it covered before your family come up and visit for the weekend, and your mum tries to suggest that it’s ‘silly to walk around with that on your arm’ or something along those parental lines.

No we do not

You’ll go between the two floors 34878923 times

‘Maybe the music is better upstairs? *walk upstairs, dance for half a song* Nah let’s go back down’ and so on and so forth. Even if it’s just an excuse to go into the slightly less populated corridor for even a minute, the closeness of the upstairs and downstairs dance floors make them so easy to move between. Goodbye to drunken decision making.

Where will you choose?

Bums will be seen

Is there even an explanation for this? It seems that all of a sudden there is a thing about getting your arse out and quite literally getting it stamped with a little bit of Underground magic. The girls delivering the fatal blows probably have moments of feeling very lucky and devastatingly unlucky. I hope they get paid a lot.

Bit cheeky really