Image may contain: Crowd, Human, Person, Parade, Protest

Warwick staff confirmed to strike in weeks nine and 10

Lecturers are set to walk out over pensions, pay and working conditions

Warwick staff are set to walk out on strike for eight days during weeks 9 and 10.

Warwick UCU (University and College Union) members will go on strike from Monday 25 November until Wednesday 4 December, affecting teaching at the end of this term.

60 universities across the country, including Warwick, will partake in the industrial action, according to UCU.

Members of the union are set to walk out of their jobs over legal disputes concerning pensions, pay and working conditions, as well to fight for the rights of casualised, female and BAME staff.

In addition to the strikes, UCU members are set to begin "actions short of a strike."

This means lecturers and staff will be working strictly to contract, won't cover for absent colleagues and will likely refuse to reschedule lectures lost to strike action.

Warwick University has said they will "assess where departments need to take mitigating action to mitigate disruption to student progression" because of the industrial action.

Regular updates on the MyWarwick app and through academic departments have been confirmed by the University.

However they have told students to "assume that any scheduled teaching is set to go ahead unless you are informed otherwise."

UCU general secretary Jo Grady said: "The first wave of strikes will hit universities later this month unless the employers start talking to us seriously about how they are going to deal with rising pension costs and declining pay and conditions.

"Any general election candidate would be over the moon with a result along the lines of what we achieved last week.

"Universities can be in no doubt about the strength of feeling on these issues and we will be consulting branches whose desire to strike was frustrated by anti-union laws about reballoting."