Leamington drugs bust

Three Leamington properties were raided by armed police in a pre-planned operation.

Students living in Leamington were awoken in the early hours of Tuesday morning when armed police launched a series of raids on houses in the area.

The pre-planned operation targeted three addresses and attracted attention from local residents, including students who are staying in Leamington over the Easter break.

Armed Police blocked off roads surronding the addresses where warrants were being executed

All three warrants took place within Leamington Spa Priority Policing Area, under the auspices of Operation X. Warwickshire police are focusing their resources on this zone.

Armed Police can be seen raiding an address in central Leamington

The drug warrant on the first house in Clemens Street was negative.

In the second property – a house on High Street – a small amount of cannabis was found  and one man was issued with a fixed penalty notice. A second man was also arrested and questioned in connection with the warrant, but has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

At the third property in Warneford Mews, a small amount of what is believed to be heroin was seized and a male was cautioned for possession of a Class A drug.