A Trent second year has won £10,000 from a £2 bet on Leicester winning the league

She’s sharing her winnings with her aunt

Karishma Kapoor, a Business student at Nottingham Trent, placed a £2 bet on last season’s relegation battlers Leicester City to win the Premier League at 5,000-1 odds.

As her and her family are big Leicester City fans she thought placing a £1 bet on for her aunty and another £1 for herself was worth a punt.

With Tottenham Hotspur’s draw against Chelsea last night after a 2-0 lead, North London team Spurs can no longer catch up with underdogs Leicester City, as the 7 point gap between them is too large for the remaining two games of the season. This means Karishma’s £2 punt has won her and her aunty £10k.

Ladbrookes captured the action

Karishma told Sky News: “It’s been very tense and we have all been on edge waiting to see if they can do it.”

However, Karishma and her family managed to stay optimistic. In her words, “Foxes Believe.”

Karishma and her winning betting slip

Karishma stated she will use the winnings Leicester City earned her to go on holiday, and help her brother watch Champions League matches next season.

The Tab has contacted Karishma for further comment.