Trent fresher Miss England hopeful: ‘Pageants seem so bitchy’

One man said she had no brain cells

Trent’s fittest fresher set to compete for Miss England says she’s nervous about the bitchy atmosphere.

Emily Carter a politics first year at Nottingham Trent University is competing in her local heat – Miss Black Country 2015 – which will end on Sunday 24th May.

Despite being Emily’s first entry in to a beauty pageant she is keen to win. Emily said: “Initially I entered for fun and thought I’d give it a go for a little confidence boost.”

“Although not being nervous about the competition itself, I’m nervous about meeting the 28 other female contestants. Beauty pageants seem so bitchy.”

Emily has had lots of support from her home town, although one local didn’t react so well.

She said: “One man called me an attention seeker. He said I had no brain cells. But being a first year at Trent I’m probably more qualified than him anyway so it didn’t bother me too much.”

Representing

After Emily made the final list for her local heat she was more determined to win not only to represent Trent students across the country but for causes extremely close to her heart.

She added: “I’m currently raising awareness and donations for food banks across the country as well as Shelter UK. I hope that progressing in the competition will help me to raise awareness and open opportunities for the charities to prosper and help others.”

Emily will be Nottingham Trent’s Labour President next year and hopes to continue being successful in her studies while entering future pageants.

For details on how to help Emily progress further in the Miss England Beauty Pageant 2015 visit their Facebook page.