Residents on Alfreton Road in shock after woman tries to attack moving cars

Shocked residents are concerned after a woman tried to stop moving traffic and shouted at cars. Yesterday stunned students looked out of their windows to find a woman rampaging around the […]

Shocked residents are concerned after a woman tried to stop moving traffic and shouted at cars.

Yesterday stunned students looked out of their windows to find a woman rampaging around the streets of Radford, pulling her pants down and jumping on moving traffic.

People living on Alfreton Road were concerned after a string of similar incidents in the last few days.

Shannon Barlow, 20, and her housemates watched from their bedrooms in horror at the incident on the busy road.

The third year law student said: “She’s been around for the last few days but basically she was screaming, shouting, jumping in front of cars, pulling her pants down and her top up, throwing things at cars and then finally jumped on one.”

Sam Riley, second year Civil Engineering student, was also watching the antics unravel from his flat for half an hour before he decided to call the police because she was getting out of hand.

The 20-year-old said: “Three police cars turned up, they got out and talked to her and she was shouting and madly dancing around, so they had to restrain on the floor.”

After 10 minutes a police riot van arrived on the scene and took her away.