How you know it’s election season

So we’re sure you already know it’s election time but The Tab Trent have compiled a list of all the ways we know it’s time to vote (or not).

| UPDATED elections Nottingham ntu

As we enter March all students need to brace themselves for one thing… Student elections. You can’t walk to university without being hounded, sit in Newton Café without being pestered and your bag certainly will be full of campaign flyers.

So how do we know it’s that time?

1. Facebook

Suddenly our whole news feed isn’t filled with ocean pictures or pictures of that girl lying in the gutter with cheesy chips but with posts about that one person who is going to turn the student union into your union and pictures of the model student.

Sound familiar? Pictures, page invites and various sharing will take over your life.

2. Makeshift slogans

Posters flood the buildings. Name slogans doom the earth. And the phrase ‘It’s your union’ is used to death. Not to mention the postcard size flyers which you will hate. You begin by taking the odd flyer and soon you’re regretting it more than last night’s post-Rock City ‘burger’. Bonus points for shameless use of animals, preferably pugs.

3. Hassled by campaigners

The Campaigners are annoying. You can’t enter a building without someone encouraging you to vote. Some poor people even suggest that even if you don’t vote for them, you should at least vote. Limited budgets and desperate times call for weird coloured shirts, ripping off a well known logo and a dodgy rhyme about why you should vote for them.

Cam-paign in the arse

4. Election haters

People start complaining about the elections. A few aggressive tweets, maybe the odd Facebook status and a huge sigh when yet another person shouts ‘excuse me, have you voted yet?’

Sometimes it all just gets a bit too much…