Sussex University postpones summer graduation until 2022

An email was sent out this afternoon by the Graduation Department

In an email sent out this afternoon, mere hours before thousands of students are due to submit their dissertations, the University announced that this years summer graduation has been postponed due to the continuing situation with Covid-19.

They stated that holding large scale events as well as global travel restrictions would make planning and holding this event very difficult at this current moment in time.

The University also stated how the Brighton Centre, which is normally used as the graduation venue, is currently being used as a Covid vaccination hub.

In the email, the Graduation Department stated, ”We have already started planning a Graduation Festival for summer 2022. This will be our largest-ever graduation and, in true Sussex style, it will be a fun celebration of your success.

”The Graduation Festival will be a unique event for all students and recent graduates whose ceremonies have been disrupted by Covid-19. We are determined to give you the opportunity to celebrate in style and will be in touch in September with more details.”

The Graduation Department stated at the end of the email that if anyone had any questions then they should not hesitate to contact the University via email at: [email protected]