Meet the Sussex boys doing a 24 hour walk in their speedos for charity

The boys are raising money for local charity Look Sussex.

Last night at 8pm, thirteen boys embarked on the biggest hike of their lifetime. All of the boys are hiking for 24 hours in their speedos across the South Downs, raising money for charity. Six of these boys are part of Mens Rugby at The University of Sussex.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC5lXbclbz7/

Yes, you heard it right. These boys are walking through day and night to raise money for local charity ‘Look Sussex’ which was set up by a family close to one of the boys taking part. The charity helps blind and visually impaired children to go on days out and have experiences which allow them to live as normal a childhood as possible.

Oli Williams, who is leading the walk, spoke exclusively to The Sussex Tab to report how the boys are feeling after having walked through the night and now reaching their fifteenth hour. He said: “We are all pretty sore and tired, the night was especially tough and painfully cold, but we pushed through.”

Oli proceeded to tell The Sussex Tab that the boys now have made significant tracks, he stated: “We’ve stopped a couple of times for food and water and we’re currently in Arundel restocking on our food and drink supplies which has definitely lifted the spirits of the group”.

Anyone who would like to support the boys can do so by donating to their Just Giving page.