East Street stabbing has become attempted murder enquiry
The police investigating the assault have arrested two men for attempted murder.
Following the stabbing on East Street in the early hours of Thursday (4 June), the assault has now become a suspected attempted murder case.
According to Sussex Police, in the early hours of Friday (5 June) two men were arrested in Hove on suspicion of attempted murder. A 34-year-old man from Brighton and a 24-year-old man from Hove remain in custody for questioning.
It is believed that the victim, a man in his 20s, had been attacked in the Royal Pavilion Gardens before making his way to East Street at 2:27am before being discovered with serious injuries.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Wolstenholme, from the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, has said: “We continue to appeal to anyone with information about this incident to come forward and assist with our enquiries.”
He also said: “We’d also like to extend our gratitude to the local community for their patience and understanding while our investigation into this complex matter is underway.”
If you think you have any relevant information, Sussex Police urge you to contact them online or call 101.