There’s a dog festival at Sussex Uni this weekend

The event will be right on campus

If you haven't heard of Sussex Dog Walking society, first of all, are you living under a rock? Secondly, you need this society in your life. They walk an array of dogs every Wednesday and Friday 12pm – 1:30pm, meeting on campus on the ACCA lawns and looping up through the woods to Stamner Park. If it's sunny, the dogs even go swimming in the woods behind Northfield – did someone say heaven?

Image may contain: Cocker Spaniel, Spaniel, Human, Person, Plant, Grass, Pet, Dog, Animal, Mammal, Canine

Beautiful Poppy shall definitely be there

Having won four awards at the Sussex Student Union awards – best society, leaf scheme, collaboration of the year and their president Hal Jenkins won contribution to a society – it's clear that this society is pretty pawsome.

View this post on Instagram

Absolutely thrilled to announce that we have been awarded four awards tonight at the #sussexstudentawards. We were awarded Outstanding Society, Sussex Leaf Scheme, Collaboration of the Year, and I (@thelittlestjenkins) received recognition by being awarded for Contribution to a Society ? I cannot believe how far our society has come, massive thank you to @sussexsu for loving dogs like we do ✨?? The biggest thanks to our amazing committee for bringing the dogs into uni every single week for students to love on ?? Special shout out to our ‘inner circle’ @chewee831, @_lukedv_, @_ciaralouise, @yemanlui, @allumrhys for working tirelessly with me to spread the love of dogs ? P.S. you’d better hurry and get your tickets for Bark in the Park – we’re a fancy award winning society now ??

A post shared by Sussex Uni Dog Walking Society (@sussexdogsoc) on

Now fur-tunately for us, on Sunday 28 April – the last day of the Easter break – dog soc are hosting Bark in the Park. The event shall be running from 10am until 4pm at Russel's Clump, which can be found just through the woods by the ACCA. If you venture through, you shall find an array of doggy fun. There's no doubt in our minds that this event is going to be Sussex's cutest one yet with doggo competitions including sausage catching, temptation alley and cutest pup.

Image may contain: Human, Person, Canine, Mammal, Dog, Pet, Animal, Paper, Brochure, Poster, Advertisement, Flyer

This looks like our kind of party

There will be learning stations, should you wish to learn about food nutrition and canine massage, and a variety of different food trucks too including Pepins Pizza, Crocus Paella and The French Revolution. There really is no reason to ever leave this event! If that's not enough, by attending you are automatically entered into a raffle. I mean fur-real, why haven't you bought your ticket yet?

Dog Soc's famous Maggie shall even be attending, a rescue from Lebanon who recently appeared on This Morning and has over 45,000 followers on Instagram. You'd be absolutely barking mad to not go along!

View this post on Instagram

“I smell that treat and I would very appreciative if you gave me it and the rest that are in your pocket… pretty please with a cherry on top???” -Maggie #feedmenow • • • Who’s got a hungry pup like Maggie? Nearly six months she’s been with us and in that time I have yet to find something she won’t eat. The smellier the better! Fish, and sausage are her all time favourites. What is that special treat you give your dog that they go nuts for? Bones? Stuffed Kongs? Yummy biscuits? There are so many great products on the market and I’d love to do a Maggie taste test, so suggest your pup’s favourite treats. ? • • • ? @_lukedv_ • • • #boop #cutepuppys #cutepuppiesofinstagram #rescuedogsofinstagram #disableddogs #differentlyabled #dogsoflove #rescuemutt #blinddogsofinstagram #blinddog #lovealldogs #dogsofvancouver #dogsofvirginia #dogsofvermont #dogsofvegas #doggysmile #smilingpuppy #smilingdog #smilingdogs #muttsofinstgram #rescuemuttsofinstagram #muttsofinsta #rescuemutts #rescuestrong #rescuestory #happydoglife #happydoggy #blinddogs #bemoremaggie

A post shared by Blind Rescue Disabled Dog (@maggiethewunderdog) on

There's a few ticket options available, Dog Soc members who have paid their membership fee can buy tickets for £4.99 and everyone else can get tickets for £7.99. But, if you book as a group of four, you can get the bundle for £20. That's just £5 each for six hours of doggo heaven. Pick up your tickets here.