Image may contain: Party, Person, People, Human

It’s festival season in Brighton – here’s everything that’s happening

Our guide to your summer in Brighton

With summer bathing Brighton in sun, grab your sunnies, put on another layer of suncream and get out and have a ball. To save you the effort, we've compiled all this summer's festivals into one handy guide. You're welcome.

Brighton Fringe

The Fringe Festival is the largest arts festival in the world, it's most well known for being held in Edinburgh every year. Brighton is hosting it's own Fringe festival with many venues across the city. Check out their website for a list of performances, who knows what you might find!

Dates: 4th May – 3rd June

Pride

The big one. Pride is a huge occasion every year and is unmissable. The pride parade is the highlight of the festival, a rainbow of colour all over town.

The festival itself features many performances from globally known artists, at the heart of it being a fundraiser. On the Sunday of the weekend, there will be a new part of the festival this year titled LoveBN1Fest, which is family oriented and will include many acts from different types of performers. Find out more on the LoveBN1Fest website.

Dates: 3rd – 5th August

Brighton Festival

Rated the sixth highest tourist attraction in Brighton, the Brighton festival presents many different kinds of artists. Big personalities like Michael Rosen and wondrous circus, dance and theatre shows will be popping up in many locations in and around Brighton. If exciting, progressive performances are up your street, be sure to check out the list of shows.

Dates: 5th – 27th of May

Boundary Festival

Start your 2018/2019 academic year right with Boundary Festival in Stanmer Park, just a stone's throw from campus. Go out for a dance with top DJs from all over the world in the midst of the Downs.

Date: 29th September

The Great Escape

This festival presents many new and emerging artists within one weekend all across the city. A great way for artists to get into the scene, and music lovers to discover new bands and musicians.

Dates: 17th – 19th May

Charleston Festival

This festival is a part of the Brighton festival, focusing on literature and debate. Many important topics are discussed by writers, including; feminism, gender and other current political issues. If you're an avid literature consumer, this isn't to be missed.

Dates: 18th – 28th May

Love Supreme Jazz Festival

This years line-up includes Earth Wind and Fire and Elvis Costello. This Jazz festival brings music to Brighton that has been taking the jazz world by storm. Definitely one to check out!

Dates: 30th of June – 2nd July

Brighton Viva! Festival

This Vegan Festival doesn't only offer many stands for vegans to congregate over great food, but also advice on how to maintain a healthy diet as a vegan.

Revitalise your vegan lifestyle at Viva! Festival.

Dates: 29th – 30th September

Artists Open Houses Brighton

An event that happens in many cities around the UK, the Artists Open Houses of Brighton is by far the most popular. Get closer to the art than ever before, as artists around the city let you into their home to view their work. A truly intimate art experience.

Dates: 5th – 28th May