Image may contain: Plaque, Clothing, Apparel, Pc, Laptop, Electronics, Computer, Person, People, Human

Sussex University to start online postgraduate courses

The first course begins this September

The first University of Sussex degree to be taught entirely online is now accepting applications for September 2018.

The first online course will be an MSc in International Marketing which will begin in September. This will be followed by an MSc in Energy Policy, starting in January, and an MSc in Sustainable Development that is set to start in Summer 2019.

The courses are all in the school of Development Studies and will work on a 'carousel' basis. Modules will start every two months, allowing students to focus on other commitments and get the most from their course.

Adam Tickell, Sussex Vice Chancellor, is particularly excited about what this partnership means for the future of the Uni; "We want to be a world leader in flexible, online learning and these degrees are a hugely exciting first step in making that a reality." The University plans to take on 1,000 online students in the first five years of the partnership.

Pro-Vice Chancellor, Stephen Shute says “We’ve been adamant from the start that the opportunity to learn at Sussex virtually must also be personal and very much a human experience, and colleagues across the University have been working hard for months to bring this idea to life. "