Buses will not be going into Sussex campus on Feb 22nd & 23rd

See if you are affected

Brighton and Hove Buses urge student passengers to look at their reviewed timetables as services will not be stopping on campus due to the UCU industrial action.

Students that take the 25, 23, 25X, and 50U buses will be affected by the strikes taking place on February 22 & 23. These services will not be stopping at any bus stop on campus.

Brighton and Hove Buses write:

“Due to industrial action taking place in Sussex University from 7 am until 6 pm on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 February, services 23, 25, 25X and 50U are unable to enter Sussex University campus”

This also means that students who wish to get home will have to pick up their buses at Falmer Station.

The disruption to services is thought to last as long as the industrial action is taking place. Strikes will begin at 7 am and last till 6 pm the same day.

The picket line may be taking place by zebra crossings meaning that those driving in might be disrupted too as no traffic might not be able to get into campus.

A third-year media student commented:

“These disruptions are pretty frustrating because it’ll mean I’ll have to factor in more time when traveling to and from campus

“As a student with mobility issues, it is a right pain.”