Image may contain: Human, Person, People

Ho Ho Ho! The Santa Bus is returning to Brighton

He’s getting the bus, is his sleigh broken?

With Halloween and bonfire night being as distant a memory as our home cooked meals, it's time to get your Christmas cheer on because it's that time of year again. The famous Santa Bus is coming back to Brighton and it's making plenty of stops near you.

Operating from November 23 through to December 18 for a total of 19 days this Christmas period, our favourite bus – apart from our beloved N25 of course – shall be hitting all the routes with plenty a tune galore (can Bublé make an appearance please?)

Returning for its ninth year, the Santa bus shall again be supporting local charities The Argus Appeal and The Martlets. The Argus Appeal work with local communities carrying out a range of enriching services, whilst the Martlets focuses on caring for people with a terminal illness. Last year a record amount of £16,686.21 was raised for the two wonderful charities. This year, with your support, the festive bus could raise even more.

On the days of operation, the dazzling vehicle shall be departing with Santa and Elves in full costume from Brighton & Hove Buses' depot at 17:00, ready to be in service from 17:30 – 20:30 each day. Whilst the bus is out and about, you can even track its whereabouts using this interactive map. A full list of the lucky locations follows:

Thursday 23 November – Goldstone Valley & Surrenden Rd

Friday 24 November – Portslade & Mile Oak

Monday 27 November – Hangleton

Tuesday 28 November – Hangleton, Downs Park & Knoll

Wednesday 29 November – Wish

Thursday 30 November – Wish & Elm Drive

Friday 1 December – Patcham

Monday 4 December – Hollingbury

Tuesday 5 December – Stanford

Wednesday 6 December – Hollingdean

Thursday 7 December – Moulsecoomb

Friday 8 December – Coldean, Meadowview & Hartington Rd

Monday 11 December – Freshfield Road & Whitehawk

Tuesday 12 December – Woodingdean East

Wednesday 13 December – Woodingdean West

Thursday 14 December – Saltdean

Friday 15 December – East Saltdean

Saturday 16 December – Hollingbury Asda (only)

Monday 18 December – Southwick

So get ready, get set and look out for the fairy light covered bus making its rounds. I'm sure if you ask nicely, you can sit on Santa's lap.

Featured image courtesy of Brighton and Hove Buses.