Drunk man caught weeing off roof of student house

‘I was in the garden with my little ones and I looked up and there he was’

A young man has been reported to Sussex Police after he was caught urinating off the roof of a student house.

In full view of the surrounding neighbourhood, the unidentified man took a slash off the roof of a house on Bernard Road, off Elm Grove.

Brighton & Hove News reported he was visiting friends and was seen by several neighbours who were left astounded and disgusted.

Tinder profile picture material? (Credit: Brighton & Hove News)

One neighbour said: “I was in the garden with my little ones and I looked up and there he was.

“I asked him what he was doing, and he told me it’s alright, and then someone popped his head out of the window and said he’s just drunk, he can’t help it.

“If he’s that drunk, he shouldn’t be up on the roof, but what really annoyed me was that they were saying it’s OK, he’s drunk and therefore he’s allowed to do it.

“When there’s up to 15 of them out there and they’re so loud, it’s like they’re in your house. They’re looking down on you – I have got a 12-year-old daughter who has to close the curtains because she feels people are looking in.”

The incident of indecent exposure was reported to Sussex Police and the tenants are also likely to be fined by their estate agents.

The young man was tracked down by Brighton & Hove News and he told them: “In all honesty I have no recollection of doing it but I was told by my friends that I did. If that’s the case then I’m truly disgusted and embarrassed with myself.”

One of the residents of the house said: “I told him don’t you dare, there are families living there, but he went against us. We are devastated because we think that we are going to get in a lot of trouble. The agency came round and said we are going to get charged lots of money.

“The wee didn’t go into anyone else’s garden, it just went over our conservatory.”

A police spokesman said: “Police were called after a man was spotted urinating from a roof in Bernard Road, Brighton, on Saturday afternoon (May 14).

“The man was photographed and enquiries have been made with the occupants and letting agents of the property in a bid to identify him.”