These are all the best options for house hunting this month

Why live anywhere else?

January marks the end of exams and the beginning of frantic student house hunting. If you’re looking for your perfect accommodation for next year, it’s out there somewhere in B-Town. But where?

In Brighton you’ll find your own little place to be, but it may take some searching before you find somewhere to suit you and your flatmates. Here’s a definitive list of all your options.

Florence Road

If you’re the quiet sort and want to read a book in the sun (when there is some) in your own garden, then Florence road is the perfect place for you and your flatmates.

The houses are more like family places than student digs, and are so close to London Road station that you can stick it to the man at B&H buses. You’re probably a dreamer if you’re looking here:  imagine yourself and you’re flatmates outside on your own terrace.

King’s Road

If you came born with a need to party and make some noise, then King’s Road is THE place to be for you. You can get accommodation like the ones on campus with a shared bathroom, but the bathroom doesn’t matter to you: what’s most important is that you’re close to the seafront and therefore close to the clubs and to The Level. You’ll never have to throw up on a night bus again. If you lived in East Slope, you’ll probably feel right at home here.

Victoria Road

If you’re a shopaholic or one of the hundreds of bloggers in Brighton, then you should definitely choose Victoria Road accommodation. Close to all the best shopping areas, this road is perfect when you receive that financial bursary.

It’s amazing being close to all those nice little shops on Western Road, but when the money’s all gone, there are so many super-cheap takeaways on your doorstep.

The Highway

If you’re looking to save money, sure, this is the place to look. But be warned: highway houses have the tendency to come with black bathroom ceilings which (you’ll find out after a month) aren’t caused by paint. Nice.  On the upside, you can cycle to campus in a matter of minutes from here. Save your bus money for more supernoodles, you penny-pincher.

Elm Grove

The place for if you’re looking to tone your legs. Living up Elm Grove is a sure-fire way to ensure that bae is actually into you, as they will have to make the trek up Brighton’s own Everest every time they’re in the mood for love. The houses up here tend to be quality, but you don’t tend to get much bedroom space for your money. If you love your bike, reconsider, because the hill makes it near impossible to cycle home unless you’re up to Olympic standard. On the plus side, you’ll be surrounded by student houses and great takeaways, plus getting to a night out is quick and easy.

Lewes Road

Lewes Road is the most popular student area in Brighton, and for a good reason. You have buses, takeaways, pubs galore and even Shabitat right at your doorstep. If you’re truly  strapped for cash, you can cycle to uni or to town. If you’re even more desperate, a walk back from a night out to here is totally possible if you’ve got your beer jacket on. The houses don’t tend to be anything special, but you’re in such a prime location that they’ll soon start to feel like home, plus you’ll be surrounded by hundreds of mates.