Film&TV Editor

Some notes from this years Film&TV Editor Mark: ‘My time at The Stand felt more like being on the cast of a sitcom about a student-run online magazine than actually […]

Some notes from this years Film&TV Editor Mark:

‘My time at The Stand felt more like being on the cast of a sitcom about a student-run online magazine than actually working for one. I never thought you could put things that are this fun on your CV.’

– As Film and TV Editor your most persistent task will be staying in touch with your writers, making sure they know what they’re doing and that they should be doing it. It also helps to always be thinking of and sharing new ideas for articles. Email email email!

– You’ll also have to edit these articles for little stuff like spelling and grammar, as well as big stuff like tone of voice, structure, length and whether or not it’s any good.

– Putting things online with all the requisite videos, pictures and links might sound difficult at first, but it will end up being the easiest part of your job.

-You should also probably try to watch a whole lot of film and television, if you can! Obviously you won’t be able to keep up with everything (or most things) yourself, so make sure you’re aware of what’s new and upcoming, and that your writers cover a variety of different shows and genres.

How to apply:

Applications should be sent to [email protected] by Friday, 24th May at 5pm.

Please include in your application:

• What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
  • A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
  • Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
  • Any other activities/time commitments you may have
  • Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)

If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved! 

If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.