The Adamson’s head chef makes it to Masterchef semi-finals

A culinary master is in our midst…

Scott Davies, the head chef at The Adamson restaurant, has reached the semi-finals of the BBC’s Masterchef: The Professionals. Davies has been wowing the judges with his culinary skills and is now one of two contestants to make it to the next round.

For those students who have been lucky enough to taste his creations (and unfortunately I cannot yet cross this off my list), the news is of little surprise. Scott Davies’ track record speaks for itself: he has not only worked at several top Scottish restaurants over the years, he spent a year working in Melbourne and was awarded three rosettes as head chef by the time he turned 26.  He has been at the Adamson for nearly a year and has certainly made quite the impression on staff and customers alike.

According to The Adamson’s Director and Co-Founder Julia Lewis, it is clear that what makes Scott’s dishes so special is the level of personal involvement and his enthusiasm for the dishes he creates. His passion for cooking means he really is an “incredibly talented chef” who customers and co-workers hope will get the acclaim and success he deserves.

This news has also served to heighten excitement for the second annual Food and Drink Festival in St Andrews, which will draw to a close on the 1st December.  It just proves that as little as the bubble is, good food is definitely in St Andrews.

If you want to see your local chef on Masterchef: The Professionals on BBC2,you can tune in on the 2nd of December for the semi-finals.

Images courtesy of theadamson.com