The Lizard is here to stay!

The Stand spoke to the owner of Ogstons and our favourite nighttime hot spot – The Lizard. We can confirm that the venue will not be changing hands. Fraser Ogston […]

The Stand spoke to the owner of Ogstons and our favourite nighttime hot spot – The Lizard. We can confirm that the venue will not be changing hands. Fraser Ogston himself disclosed that he had considered selling the business, however it was taken off the market back in October 2012, although estate agents Bruce and Co still hold the details on their system and records. Mr Ogston said he wishes to concentrate on his businesses in St Andrews for the future, having moved his family here, and the Lizard will be around “for another ten to fifteen years at least”.

He also voiced some concern that we students are not filling the place to bursting capacity as much as last year: we used to party all seven nights a week, but now it seems to be down to a mere five. Could this be down to the lack of reading week? £9000 tuition fees burning a hole in some pockets? Whatever the cause, do not fear, because the Lizard isn’t going anywhere.

Neither it seems is everybody’s favourite: DJ Ian, who expressed some desire to revamp the underground rave with some theme nights and different music, but the complaints received when Ian is absent keep him returning night after night.

Don’t fear friends, the party is very much still alive.

headline image © tripadvisor.com, image © Ogstons on north st