Delivery! A Valentine’s Day in St Andrews

St Andrews, give yourself a pat on the back because last Thursday (14th February) you, the Lumsden Ladies and the Student President, along with his your600th fundraising team, raised £1,880(!!) […]

St Andrews, give yourself a pat on the back because last Thursday (14th February) you, the Lumsden Ladies and the Student President, along with his your600th fundraising team, raised £1,880(!!) for three different charities. And all as a result of various charitable Valentine’s initiatives, which easily tapped into the spread-the-love attitude of our little university.

Fredster and his Marathon team managed to raise £195 from Valentine’s themed gift sales. In addition to this, The Other Guys were bought for £55 on the your600th Valentine’s eBay auction and sang in a very crammed and very intimate Little Italy as a surprise birthday gift.

Then… at the Black Hearts Valentine’s auction (how many times can we write “Valentine’s” in one article?), your600th managed to raise another £600 for the university’s S.A. scholarships, as St Andrews singletons bid for Computer Science-qualified personal trainers, yoga instructing, triple-degreed, pretty-lady coffee dates and cocktail-spinning mixology experts (aka: get drunk with a hot bar woman) and more.

And if you didn’t think this was impressive enough… Lumsden delivered Valentine’s pressies across our beloved three streets and finished off the day’s celebrations with a Valentine’s party at Ma Bells, producing the longest queue the staff have ever seen! The Lumsden ladies managed to raise a MEGA £1,030 for the charities they support, Parkinsons UK and Afghan Connection.

Anyway, here’s the video from BubbleTV we promised… There was also apparently some guy wandering around in a ‘KISS ME’ sign this Valentine’s Day. We’re pretty sure he wasn’t wearing it for charity.