STAND symposium (sadly not ours)

St Andrews Student Anti-Genocide Coalition (STAND) – what a great name – is hosting a Human and Earth Rights Symposium and Fayre from 6 PM to 7:30 PM, in Parliament […]

St Andrews Student Anti-Genocide Coalition (STAND) – what a great name – is hosting a Human and Earth Rights Symposium and Fayre from 6 PM to 7:30 PM, in Parliament Hall. The event, in honour of the International Day of Peace, is the first of its kind in Saint Andrews.

According to STAND, the event will run in two segments: from 6 to 7pm and then from 7 to 7:30pm. The first section will be made up of campaign and project related presentations, the second an opportunity for guests to mingle with the various societies.

STAND will be joined by other Human and Earth Rights societies such as Amnesty International, Coalition for a Conflict-Free St Andrews, Feminist Society, Greenpeace, Medsin, Oxfam, Save the Children, Ugandan Liberation for Youth, UNICEF and Women4Women International.

So if you were wondering if there was a way to make a difference in the world, or if you’d like to simply pretend to be a good person for the evening, go and join the discussion tonight.