Image may contain: Reservoir, Outdoors, Nature, Water

Man charged for knife attack on Southampton Common

Two people required medical attention after the attack on Thursday

Southampton resident Nabil Errouam appeared in court today following his arrest after a knife attack on Thursday afternoon.

According to Hampshire Police, Errouam was charged with two counts of wounding with intent, affray, possession of a bladed article in a public place and threatening a person with a bladed article in a public place.

The attack, in which two members of the public were injured, occurred shortly before 4:20pm on Thursday afternoon. A 50-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman were assessed for injuries at the scene, and a third individual, a 17-year-old woman, was taken to hospital and released last night.

The incident took place on Southampton Common, near the Cowherds pub along The Avenue. Witnesses reported loud shouting and screams before the area was cordoned off. According to reports, Errouam was tasered and arrested.

Hampshire Police report that "police presence remains on Southampton Common for public reassurance" and urge members of the public to speak to an Officer if they are concerned, or have any further information.