Southampton students perform on stage on BBC 2

Gone Rogue Productions, part of the University of Southampton’s theatrical societies, appeared on BBC 2 tonight. Students from Southampton’s Theatre Group, Gone Rogue Productions, performed on stage with Michael Portillo for his […]

gone rogue gone rogue productions michael portillo

Gone Rogue Productions, part of the University of Southampton’s theatrical societies, appeared on BBC 2 tonight.

Students from Southampton’s Theatre Group, Gone Rogue Productions, performed on stage with Michael Portillo for his BBC 2 TV programme.

Gone Rogue Productions took two shows up to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe last summer, one being ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ by Oscar Wilde. The BBC asked to come and film their show as Michael Portillo was filming the last leg of his journey across Scotland from West to East.

The show aired at 6.30pm tonight but you can already catch it on BBC iPlayer here.

Photo credit: Gone Rogue Productions

Gone Rogue’s next production will be William Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’, in the Nuffield Theatre from the 11th-14th of February. You can find out more here.