CAMPUS STYLE: Winter Layers

Over the last couple of weeks we at the Soton Tab have been keeping our beady eyes on campus fashionistas as we head into the colder weather. Battling with our […]

campus clothes cosy Fashion ootd outfit of the day style winter

Over the last couple of weeks we at the Soton Tab have been keeping our beady eyes on campus fashionistas as we head into the colder weather. Battling with our brollies in the torrential rain, we’ve cornered you on campus, in the library and have even papped you in our student cafes to compile our November fashion favourites!

The following students have got cosy winter fashion down to a tee.

Lucy McCann, 3rd year Knitwear Design student (Winchester Campus)

Lucy shows us how to perfectly style a leopard print coat – a statement piece which really stands out against her neutral under-layers. Her orange necklace gives a pretty pop of colour to her outfit and is a nice girly touch to this casual-chic look. Papped by ASOS street style just a couple of days previously, she was chuffed that we liked her get-up.

Fraser Bowen, 4th year French Linguistic Studies student.

Fraser’s getting all festive with this cosy winter jumper. Certain to keep you toasty in the chilly depths of Hartley, (particularly if you’ve set up camp on the positively Antarctic level 5), this knit is practical and comfortable – perfect for those deathly long library stints. We spotted him in the library and were immediately filled with winter cheeriness – bring on the mulled wine and mince pies!

Sian Blewitt, 3rd year History student.

This sassy black hat gives a really classy edge to Sian’s outfit. Here she proves that it’s all about the accessories, keeping snug with her faux fur collar. Flying the flag for the fashionistas of Avenue Campus, we say YOU GO GLEN COCO!

Group of 4th year English and French students.

So much for ‘On Wednesday’s we wear pink’, it’s all about Tartan Fridays! We were amazed to find out that all of these languages girls turned up to their lecture wearing tartan completely coincidentally. Proving that the ultimate way to rock tartan print is by pairing it up with neutral tones, the girls are keeping it cool and are more than prepped for this blustery weather.

Sam Freeman, 2nd year Accounting and Finance student.

It has to be said that you can never go wrong with a trusty parker coat, especially when its furry hood acts as a delightful neck warmer! We spotted Sam (now known as two-coat Sam) leaving Hartley Library. When we asked if we could snap his cool coat for this article, he unleashed a second coat (a stylish, bomber-type jacket with jazzy tartan inlay) and casually asked which coat we preferred. A coat for multiple occasions, we like a guy who’s prepared.

Isaac Akalanne, 2nd year Biomedical Science student

Isaac brightens the mood of grey, blustery days with his clashing, colourful t-shirt/coat combo. Proving that yes, green and orange CAN be a thing, we caught him happily wandering about the library.

Robyn Fryer, 4th year MA Osteoarchaeology student.

If you want an example of parker coat pizazz, look no further. Constrasting her block coloured outer-layers with a monochrome polka-dot shirt, Robyn defies the Archaeologist stereotypes of slouchy fleeces, instead opting for an eye-catching outfit. Layering up with a fur-lined jumper and accessorising with her muted yellow rucksack and vintage white shoes, she’ll be munching her lunch in style.

Lucy Hewson, 4th year English and French student.

Lucy proves that you can still get your legs out in this nippy weather, by layering up tights with a stylish leather skirt and boots. Folding up the sleeves of her coat to reveal the plaid inlay gives a nice touch to her outfit whilst her slouchy scarf gives that added bit of extra warmth!

Jordan, 1st year Finance student.

Jordan’s layered up coats of contrasting colour and looks effortlessly cool in his snapback and Timbs – we spotted him around Avenue Campus. Timberlands are great winter boots and can be paired with virtually anything rain or shine, they don’t come with a student-friendly price tag, but are definitely a great investment and will last you years!

Keep an eye out for our next instalment of Campus Style- you may even get snapped up for it!