Southampton Uni Subscribes to BoB

Southampton University has just subscribed to BoB National, an online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK students and staff in higher and further education. BoB (Box of Broadcasts, […]

Southampton University has just subscribed to BoB National, an online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK students and staff in higher and further education.

BoB (Box of Broadcasts, not the recording artist) is a hybrid, online catch-up player. The programmes never disappear and students can record any broadcasted programme from over 60 TV and radio channels. Currently, the archive stands at over 1 million programmes.

When you can’t decide what to watch on Netflix

Southampton have joined many other universities including Bournemouth, Exeter and Nottingham by signing up to the service, which costs over £10,000 for the 2014/2015 membership year.

So why should you use it?  Well for one, it’s FREE for students and staff, and extremely accessible. With your University log-in details you can use BoB off-campus on your computer, tablet or smartphone.

It’s a great way to catch up on any (educational) programmes that you may have missed, including The Simpsons, with the ability to skip through the adverts.

Everyone in lectures be like…

Some of the bonus features of BoB also include the option to schedule recordings in advance, edit programmes into clips and create playlists.

Click here to give BoB a visit, and let us know what you think in the comments below – is it a waste of the University funds or the excuse you needed to cancel your Netflix account?