Not so sexy Soton: The 2014 University Sex League is up!

It’s that time of year again. Student Beans’ 2014 Sex Survey is up, showing which universities have the most promiscuous student population. Yet again Southampton is lagging near the bottom, […]

It’s that time of year again. Student Beans’ 2014 Sex Survey is up, showing which universities have the most promiscuous student population.

Yet again Southampton is lagging near the bottom, plummeting from 36th in 2013 with an average of 4.05 sexual partners, to a pathetic 79th out of 101 in the most recent survey.

This year Southampton students were found to have on average 3.99 sexual partners during their time at Uni. It would seem that the Tab’s own survey in 2013 was pretty accurate. You’d at least think these lot would bring our score up!

These lot clearly need to up their game.

The drop in ratings seems quite drastic considering the only minor change in average. Perhaps the issue is too many of us are taking issues into our own hands. However, we don’t just have ourselves to blame: this year there seems to be a nationwide trend of sluttier students.

Roehampton was top of the 2013 table, with an average of 6.32. Although this year, a measly 6 wouldn’t have even got you in the top 10. Brighton topped the league this year with a massive 10.59 average and an impressive 20 place rise from last year. Bath Spa University was found lacking in their pulling power at the bottom of the table with 2.57 sexual partners.

Southampton Solent puts us to shame, sitting proud in 4th place with their 8.63 average. Solent have been above us in the league table for the last three years, so it may just be time to accept that this is the one thing they beat us in.

Although is this table something we really want to be topping? It’s not The Times after all. Check out the full table and make your own judgements.

Tom, a third year Politics and Economist student told The Tab

I beat that in my first term, clearly those surveyed have never been to Jesters.

Whereas Joe Rosi, a second year geographer, took a more reflective approach to the result, saying

It’s a promiscuous world we live in. You just never know anymore. 

However the ever important question has still not been answered, who is having sex with fractional people?!

What do you think of think of this score? Are you above average or bringing our score down? Let us know in the comments below..