SUSU Cuts Grad Ball Ticket Price

Graduation ball tickets will cost £10 LESS than originally planned, due to strong attendance at SUSU events and the money saved from cancelling the Cube club nights. When tickets go […]

Graduation ball tickets will cost £10 LESS than originally planned, due to strong attendance at SUSU events and the money saved from cancelling the Cube club nights.

When tickets go on sale on the 3rd of March, the cost will be £39 rather than the £49 previously announced. SUSU claim despite the price cut there will be no change to the amount spent on the night, meaning the same entertainment, just 20% cheaper.

Union president David Gilani said

As a charity, when students spend more in SUSU’s commercial areas, we’re then able to reinvest this surplus into funding other activities or lowering the costs to our members. In this instance, we’ve made the decision that graduating students would most benefit from a direct reduction in the price of the Grad Ball.

The union will be providing a breakdown of costs showing where your money will be going, along with announcing drinks deals and of course the acts. A split-payment system will be operating, to make the ball as affordable as possible.

Keep an eye on the Soton Tab for further Grad Ball news and announcements.